Monthly Archives: May 2015
Well, it’s not really a “secret” – it’s just something many people don’t know…
…You can come to a Silver Falls Evening Program in the Campground Amphitheater even if you aren’t camping at the park!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Grab your Flashlight and park your vehicle in the South Falls Day-Use Area
- Use the bridge to cross over Silver Creek next to the swimming area
- Take a left and follow the paved path across Highway 214 (watch for cars!) to the Campground Amphitheater (next to site #43)
Evening Programs start at 7:30 pm and the fun lasts for about 30-40 minutes – plenty of time to return to your parked vehicle before the gate closes at 9:00 pm during the summer months. Don’t forget your flashlight for your return trip to your vehicle!
Click the picture link to the left to see what else is going on this weekend at Silver Falls!
State Parks Day including the Silver Falls Challenge Race is less than 2 weeks away – Saturday, June 6th!
Be sure to register before May 28th to run behind 2 waterfalls – South and Lower South Falls! (See links below for registration fees.)
State Parks Day is also a day full of FREE activities at Silver Falls:
- FREE Day-Use Parking and Overnight Camping (Call 800.452.5687 for reservations)
- FREE BBQ while the tasty food lasts
- FREE Guided Waterfall Tour
- FREE Coloring Contest and Scavenger Hunt for the kids
We’re almost ready – all we need is you! This weekend’s weather is looking great for a trip up to Silver Falls to celebrate springtime nature and our cherished Mothers.
Birding & Wildflower Festival
Silver Falls State Park
Main Event: 10 am – 4 pm
And Other Guided Hikes and Presentations – see Event Guides and Directions below for details